This position will support construction services activities by monitoring and overseeing inspection of construction methods and workmanship to ensure compliance with plans and specifications, provides training for other construction inspection personnel, maintains working relationships with internal and external customers as well as contractors staff, assists with the development of policies and procedures for the construction services team, and provides highly advanced problem resolution on complex projects.
- 15 or more years of experience in construction inspection
- Valid Texas Driver’s License required
- TxDOT or other governmental agency experience preferred
The essential duties for this job include:
- Lead, oversee, observe, and participate in inspecting construction work quality and materials on a variety of projects
- Verify the work of contractors for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with applicable standards and specifications
- Complete daily work reports: sketches, measurements, photographs and calculations for each pay item.
- Coordinate materials testing personnel to ensure proper and prompt material testing
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) inspection and compliance
- Monitor project phasing and traffic control plans and ensures compliance with specifications for devices; safety laws, rules, and regulations; and the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
- Resolve differences in interpretation of plans and specifications.
- Consult with Project Engineers, resident project representatives and contractors' superintendents on work progress and construction problems; reviews equipment utilization data and time/cost estimates.
- Review construction records, inspection reports and records audits to ensure contract compliance
- Make recommendations to management regarding staffing and scheduling, prepare staffing plans based on project work activities