Provides construction estimating, budgeting and bidding for assigned projects. Interacts with architects, clients, and operations staff to ensure a clear understanding of the project objectives, scope and schedules. Develops bids and negotiates pricing in response to specific proposal requests and obtains all necessary cost information from subcontractors and material suppliers to meet project requirements. Maintains a reliable supply of subcontractors and materials vendors for projects.
Roles and responsibilities :-
- Performs detailed assessment of RFP requirements and gathers and disseminates historical bid information pertinent to the proposal
- Reviews plans and architectural drawings; prepares quantity take-offs on assigned projects
- Oversees preparation of Bid Package to be distributed to subcontractors and vendors.
- Analyzes subcontractors and vendors proposal submissions for scope and value
- Solicits bids and elects proper subcontractors and vendors for assignment
- Prepares detailed cost estimates and conceptual budgets for client
- Utilizes appropriate software programs to calculate, record and track estimates
- Creates PM/ Super project kits, include: estimate, purchase orders, project directory, insurance
- Attends meetings with clients, architects, engineers, building owners as needed
- 7 + years' experience estimating NYC commercial interiors
- Ability to read architectural drawings
- Skilled negotiator
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel & On-Screen Take Off.
- Ability to work under pressure and submit pricing and bids under aggressive time constraints.