Senior Construction Contracts Manager
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler, a multi-national, world class engineering and construction company, is seeking to hire a Senior Construction Contracts Manager. The candidate would report directly to the Legal/Commercial Directors for Amec Foster Wheeler’s Environment & Infrastructure Business Line headquartered in Alpharetta, Ga.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in constructionlaw and understanding of complex construction and design build contracts, as well as engineering/consultancy contracting. The duties will entail contract drafting and negotiations, claims advice, strategies for contract administration and dispute resolution skills on large, multi-million dollar, complex construction and engineeringcontracts, Joint Ventures and Teaming Agreements, with both large multi-national private entities as well as state and local governments, globally. The candidate will be expected to maintain an office presence with regular business hours at the Corporate Headquarters in Alpharetta Ga. Minimal relocation assistance for this position is available, if required.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with an excellent ability to grasp legal and business issues quickly, communicate well and operate closely with Operations Managers across E&I’s global business. Equally important, the candidate must be willing and able to provide practical and constructive legal advice to Operations Managers in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment. As a senior in house contracts manager, the candidate will also be responsible for training and mentoring othercontract analysts. The position is an excellent opportunity for career advancement in a renowned, multi-national, engineering and consultancy company.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will be expected to bring the following credentials and understanding to the position:
- 5+ years constructionlawexperience with a law firm, in-house position or extensive contract analyst experience with a well-known construction company
- Degree from an accredited law school, college or university
- Demonstrated capability in drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex construction and engineeringcontracts
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Practical and proactive problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen and excellent judgment
- Personable, critical thinker able to partner with Operations Managers globally
- Driven to achieve excellent results and win-win negotiations for Operations and Clients
- Ability to work independently and under time pressured deadlines
- Highest Ethics, mature, confident and able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic business environment
- Competent computing skills