As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will manage all phases of the construction contracting process for construction of facilities supporting manufacturing of rocket engines, including the development of contract terms, writing request for proposals, managing the RFP and bidding process, analyzing offers, recommending awards, negotiating contract terms, issuing contracts, auditing progress or milestone payments, and managing all aspects of the contracts from cradle to grave. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of contractor management, facility design, bid and contract award processes, and schedules. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Manage separate procurement construction projects from pre-solicitation through competitive solicitations and contract award.
- Prepare and execute solicitations, evaluate responses, negotiations, contracts and contract awards for services in the areas of industrial construction, equipment, and facility renovations.
- Interface with all levels of senior management and third parties for review and implementation of any co-funding arrangements if applicable.
- Prepare contract change notices, monitor and manage contractor performance.
- Maintain procurement project files including details of each stage for each procurement project and contract. Ensure contractor is in compliance with legal requirements, owner specifications, government regulations, and is performing to the Statement of Work.
- Work closely with the product program manager, facilities director, and functional groups to ensure all facility requirements for production manufacturing are met
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, technical degree, construction management or similar.
- 15+ years’ experience in purchasing and contracts/subcontracts, 10 years working with construction projects.
- Must be able to travel 25% of time and to remote sites.
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects. Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, and independently.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight.
- Extensive experience with FFP and Cost-Type Construction Contracting. Knowledge of Bid Bonding and Performance and Payment Bonding.
- Understanding of Construction Lien Law.
- Experience with Cost Accounting Standards, Practices and Principles.
- Extensive knowledge of Construction Schedule of Values.
- Understanding of Builder’s All-Risk Insurance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Experience in Federal Acquisition Regulations contracts.
- Previous experience with AIA contracts.
- Procurement Certification (CPM or CPIM) or Certified Project Manager Professional Certificate.
- Master’s in Business Administration.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.