As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,500 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity based in Billerica MA (remote until the office re-opens) for a highly experienced Consolidations Leader to manage the monthly financial close consolidation process. Along with a team of Corporate Accountants, will be responsible for the consolidation of the worldwide financial statements and other operating data for actual, budget, and forecast purposes.
As a key member of the Corporate Finance team working to streamline and shorten the close and reporting cycle, identify and recommend updates to application changes and functionality in application systems to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of consolidation and external financial reporting including driving internal control initiatives.
- Work with Application System Administrator to maintain application reports as required and ensure that reports are accurate and comply with GAAP, SEC regulations, professional standards, and organization policies.
- Active role in SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) application changes to enhance and support US GAAP reporting requirements.
- Review and maintain adequate documentation of work processes and workpapers to support consolidation adjustments and elimination entries.
- Review and analyze monthly business unit financial statements (reporting package submissions) and other related correspondence included in consolidated financial data.
- Work closely with the Business, Global Financial Services, Treasury, Tax, and Financial Reporting and Planning functions to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data reported in the general ledger and consolidation system.
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of the financial and statistical data utilized in the: Annual Report; SEC 10-Q and 10-K filings, cash flow statements, quarterly Board of Directors package, flux analyses and financial reports to shareholders, investors and other stakeholders.
- Work effectively across the Company’s functional organizations. Promote effective lateral communication and coordination across groups, both internal and external to the Finance function, to improve efficiency and achieve desired results.
- Prepare and assist in reviewing applicable government reports.
- Conduct financial studies and analyses as requested by management and further improve the quality of information collected in the month-end closing process.
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses or projects as required in support of financial reporting and management requirements.
- Assist in preparation and review of consolidated financial statements.
- Collaboration with and provide support to external auditors in annual audits and quarterly reviews.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance with minor or concentration in Management Information Systems or Computer Science required. CPA or Master Degree preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of related work experience specifically with multi-tiered consolidations and prior work experience within a public accounting firm required.
- Minimum of 4 recent years in a leadership position with responsibility to develop and manage a team.
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience with US GAAP, auditing standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Advanced work experience with information system implementations, Sarbanes Oxley, and process improvements.
- Excellent business analysis, financial planning and reporting skills with ability to generate business insights that add measurable value.
- Excellent workload prioritization, resource management, and project management skills with practical experience managing projects, implementing and supporting financial systems, and defining business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a global matrix environment with proven capability to gain commitment and coordinated action for initiatives, including maintaining effective working relationships across the company at division, functional, and corporate levels.
- Strong and constructive verbal, written, quantitative, computer, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability with a strong, open, receptive communication style and collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Advanced skills and experience with financial and general ledger accounting reporting systems / applications (i.e. SAP, Oracle, BPC, SAP EPM, Hyperion, Smartview) with multi-currency translation.
- Solid understanding of typical BPC/HFM processes such as load dimensions, build data grids, automation task flows, consolidation rule writing.
- Advanced Excel skills, especially with VBA macros, data compilation and aggregation.
- Operates at the highest standards of business ethics, honesty, and personal integrity.
- Proven ability to multi-task on multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Demonstrates executive presence along with critical Finance competencies such as: People Management, Collaboration & Teamwork, Influence & Communication, and Drive for Results, Business Insight, Project Management & Process Improvement, Decision Making, Critical Thinking Analysis and Finance Expertise.
- English language fluency required; knowledge of additional languages desirable (Spanish, German, Mandarin).
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state required.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- Maintenance of a valid passport with flexibility for global travel.
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.