Senior Connectivity Software Engineer
Our client, a global, well respected media firm is seeking a Senior Connectivity Software Engineer to join their team in New York, NY. The core of their business is connecting decision makers to business and financial information, news and insight. You will be working with the CIS (Connectivity & Integration Solutions) group, this group is changing the way their clients connect and integrate. They build solutions for secure, high throughput and low-latency data transfer. They allow clients to manage their full integration with products through a single system available. With ever increasing demands for more capabilities in data transformation and analytics, they are building out an architecture using a combination of third party, open source and in house technologies to scale to meet these demands. CIS Connectivity owns and manages all enterprise connectivity to clients. We engineer cloud based infrastructures like FTP, Messaging and Web API Gateway with focus on security, stability and self-service. You will be responsible for building scalable, fault-tolerant connectivity IaaS that can ensure high throughput under heavy volume.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, with exceptional programming skills in Java, Python, Scala or C++
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, IaaS, application security, monitoring and storage system
- Strong technical problem solving skills and understanding of data structures and algorithm
- Experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, using Jira
- Experience with messaging fundamentals
- Familiarity with connectivity protocols like SFTP, MQ, REST API, HTTP
- Familiarity with open source technologies like Postgres, Docker, Play framework, Spring
- Understanding of cryptography/security protocols and standards such as TLS, SSH, OAuth etc.