How this role will make an impact:
This position leads, manages and executes entire lifecycle of an SAP capability from planning to tactical delivery. In this position, you will identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the SAP requirements, and work with cross functional IT teams to deliver the final solution. The role will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders - business partners, IT teams and external vendors - to ensure successful translation of those requirements into SAP solutions.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Configure and support the SAP functions and related SAP components
- Understand the principles of application systems development and use them to analyze, test, implement, maintain and document IT projects
- Leads the creation of business and functional design specifications. Identifies gaps between solution design and application capabilities, including SAP Best Practices and determines alternatives.
- Implement business driven requirements based on the given standards and oversee testing for the implemented functionalities and the support of the system test phase
- Work closely with the Development team to ensure design meets business needs
- Understands in detail how the business works; knowledgeable current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they interrelate to other areas. Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes.
- Ensures detailed technical requirements are captured from appropriate IT teams. Influences technical solution. Identifies gaps between technical design system/application capabilities and negotiates resolution.
- Create and Implement the quality assurance strategy, approach and plan. Create and execute test plans, cases and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identifies defects and works to a resolution with the Developers and business teams.
- Lead small to medium sized projects end-to-end
- Provide ongoing to support, as required, to business functions
What you’ll bring to the table:
- CPG, wholesale or retail experience
- Materials Management, Inventory Management, Production Planning
- IDOC processing
- Configuration experience
- 5 years of experience in configuring and supporting SAP ECC 6.0 LE/MM/IM
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills required
- Demonstrated experience in working on different software development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with business modeling and requirements management tools, as well as knowledge of project management methodologies and application implementation methodologies
- Experience in processes and integration of SAP ERP with other solutions such as Manhattan WMS preferred
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly,our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities