Senior Configuration Manager
This position is for a Firmware and Software Configuration Management (CM), firmware/software installation and release engineer. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Automate builds, and develop and integrate new tools to support CI/CD (continuous integration/delivery) and reporting across projects.
• Develop and maintain well-architected build scripts to automate builds
• Develop and maintain install related activities including packaging and deployment. ClearCase, and/or GIT for a team of 30+ software developers.
• Monitor and support daily build cycles and timely release of Hotfix packages.
• Monitor and maintain build environment and software releases for various product branches on a daily, weekly, and scheduled basis.
• Install support to package entire software or at component level for deployment, including patch creation. Design, develop and test integration of different components and systems using APIs and scripting to test features that span across multiple systems.
• Define, maintain and manage the software configuration management and deployment processes for all products in the division.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
“All Rockwell Automation contractor positions are posted with the Local Jobs Network. Go to www.localjobnetwork.com for more information”
- Minimum of a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 5+ years of hands-on software development experience with at least 3+ years of configuration management experience. If no degree, 8+ years of software configuration management experience.
- Experience with ClearCase, GIT, SVN or Perforce.
- Experience in setting up and managing software development server hardware and software, specifically on Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- This position will be working in a complex, multi-national multi-site embedded software and software organization. Some after-hours support are required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience implementing test frameworks in python or otherscriptinglanguage.
- Experience with formal, automated unit and integration testing of software / firmware.
- C/C++ experience in a real time environment.
- Prior use of automated IT infrastructure / operating system configuration management tools, such as Puppet or Chef.
- Depending upon business needs, this candidate may have opportunity to participate in a Scrum team as a unit test engineer. For this part of the role, C/C++ experience in a real time environment would be a plus.
"Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening."