Senior Configuration Management Professional
CSRA is seeking a senior configuration and release manager with outstanding technical skills and experience with large-scale systems. This position requires a quality-oriented software engineer with outstanding communication, analytical and decision-making skills. The selected candidate will need to possess an extensive knowledge of overall configuration management processes and will need to exhibit a high degree of initiative. The selected candidate will be extensively involved in the deployment of multiple applications to test and production environments and will need to develop and document an in-depth knowledge of application dependencies.
- • Participates as the lead member of configuration and release management teams
- • Must develop understanding of complex healthcare and identity applications and services including the software dependencies for those applications and services
- • Leads release and configuration management reviews
- • Must develop and document a complete understanding of issues involved in producing releases of software components
- • Provides mentoring and guidance to junior members of the configuration management and release management teams.
- • Applies in-depth and broad technical knowledge to diverse technology areas
- • Oversee the contents, preparation and execution of releases.
- • Leads team in quickly and effectively resolving issues reported by customers and QA testers
Education and Experience Required
- • Typically a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical/scientific field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 15-20 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- • More than 10 years’ experience in the configuration management of large-scale systems
- • More than 10 years’ experience managing complex releases of software for large-scale systems including determining and documenting dependencies
- • Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- • Proven ability to automate good configuration management processes with shell scripting
- • Must possess a basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies.
- • Good understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- • Must possess good knowledge of relational database concepts
- • Ability to apply consistent quality and security standards.
- • U.S. Citizenship and able to receive DMDC Position of Trust