As a Concept Artist at Riot you will bring environments to life. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling and iconic. As a problem solver, first and foremost, you will come up with visual solutions for game concepts and world building. As a senior member of the team, you will help mentor your fellow team members to continue to raise the quality bar at the studio.
As a Senior Concept Artist, Environment on Project L, you will help us build an exciting new fighting game featuring some of the most iconic characters in Runeterra. You will help create the handcrafted visual style of the project's environments. You will find the right balance between creating a beautiful world and its visual clarity/gameplay. And finally, you'll contribute to the project's overall environment concept pipeline. Responsibilities:
- Ideate environment concepts
- Communicate the environments history and lore through design
- Discover and incorporate interesting trends and non-traditional references
- Craft detailed environment concept art for production artists
- Continuously deliver environment concept assets that fulfill the requirements of the project's game and visual design
- Collaborate with with artists on the team by providing and receiving creative/team feedback and providing clear creative goals and outcomes to your team
- 5+ years of professional experience working in concept art
- 5+ years of professional experience working in Photoshop or equivalent software
- Experience shipping at least one game title
- Experience working with various game engines from licensed to proprietary
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality environment art - including stylized artwork. And as a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete an art test. Our Perks:
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).