At Parallel Domain, we believe that autonomous systems – from self-driving cars to contactless delivery drones – have the opportunity to drastically improve the quality of life for billions of people. That is why we love what we do: enabling our customers to develop their technology safely using the Parallel Domain data generation platform. Our platform revolutionizes the way our customers generate sensor data for AI development. We're looking for people like you to join us in pushing the boundaries of artificial intelligence and synthetic data.
We’re looking for a Senior Computer Vision Engineer to help spearhead Parallel Domain's computer vision efforts. This role will involve training and testing computer vision models on both synthetic and real-world datasets and studying the impact that various data configurations, distributions and hyperparameters have on the performance of models. The ideal candidate has passion and experience -- professional or academic -- conducting ML and computer vision experiments with synthetic data, is self-motivated, and is eager to jump in, research, and implement innovative techniques to move our technology forward. This position is remote.
- 4+ years of professional experience or Masters degree (or equivalent) in computer vision and machine learning
- Demonstrated proficiency in training and testing computer vision models for tasks such as object detection and image segmentation
- Fluent in common programming languages, machine learning platforms, and data pipelines
- Experience building pipelines for data processing for ML applications
- Experience using synthetic data for training ML models
- Experience managing datasets and training models end-to-end
- Experience analyzing domain gap issues in datasets and resolving them with transfer learning and other techniques
- Experience with autonomous vehicle perception and sensor fusion (camera, lidar, radar, …)
- 3D graphics experience (video games, animation, VFX, simulation)
A DAY IN THE LIFE ...
- Help to build Parallel Domain's internal Computer Vision team - establish best practices and hire the right people to build a world class CV group
- Assemble a pipeline for training and testing standard computer vision models
- Implement tools for quantifying the performance of models on various data splits
- Analyze datasets for domain gap issues, and work on solutions to bridge those gaps
- Collaborate with senior engineers to design and execute experiments
- Assist with cutting-edge research at the intersection of machine learning, synthetic data, and autonomous vehicles
- And much, much more!