Arlo has a dominant position on the home security camera market. With more than a third of market share on the US market, and millions of cameras deployed throughout the world, Arlo is in a unique position to build groundbreaking new intelligent capabilities for its smart home products, starting with cameras.
- Design models for achieving specific video or audio analytic goals
- Perform model training / algorithm development and optimization.
- Optimize and compromise for speed, size or accuracy
- Select or develop algorithms for performing a variety of computer vision or audio related tasks
- Create or modify software and tools for implementing your algorithms and models on a variety of hardware platforms
- Work with a team of software and hardware engineers to productize the software and tools that you have developed
- Work with product marketing teams to:
- help convey your analytics features in a compelling fashion
- understand customer feedback and define new iterations of our features
- define the next big thing(s) on the roadmap
- Present and discuss your work with NETGEAR executives, board members, etc.
Skills and Requirements
- MSc in Machine Learning or Computer Vision, PhD preferred
- Experience in writing software in company, startup, or otherindustrial framework
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, TensorFlow, or Torch
- Experience with OpenCV or DLIB
- Familiarity with state of the art for computer vision. Deep knowledge of one of the following approaches: CNNs and deep learning, SVM, Bayesian Networks, boosting, feature based detection (SIFT/SURF family), object tracking, video analytics.
- Strong fluency in C++, Python
- Ability to work independently, in a SCRUM-like environment
- You need to like code reviews, continuous integration, automated extensive testing, large and rich groundtruth sets.
- A love for beautiful code
- Humility, respect, and a tremendous desire to learn.