Provides technical direction within team and across the Operations department. Assist peers and mentor junior team members through the application and sharing of technical knowledge, guidance and direction. Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes, and develops and recommends key work products. Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility. Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates teams in the development and implementation of key initiatives. Provides insight to management on issues. Delivers technical solutions for operating and hosting systems. May lead complex evaluation, development, implementation, integration and administration of internal and external business solutions that meet customer needs.
- Understands cross domain strategic vision and maintains team process alignment to achieve objectives.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of key operational processes and executes the team's role without guidance.
- Ensures core team processes are operating properly and assists in team work load balancing.
- Drives and supports operational process change within the team, ensuring successful implementation.
- Actively collaborates with all areas across IT and the business to successfully operate core team processes.
- Consistently demonstrates initiative for supporting and implementing change within the respective domains.
- Identifies and executes real-time actions to achieve rapid return to service, perform complex root cause analysis across domains and implement corrective measures to prevent future service interruptions.
- Configures, maintains and monitors systems infrastructure to enhance availability, improve performance, and ensure adequate capacity.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6+ years of relevant business support and/or general information technology support experience
- Advanced knowledge of systems administration and/or systems programming skills
- Advanced knowledge of Websphere, Unix, Windows Server, Desktop OS internals or Mainframe domains
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
The position involves working on a team where z/OS software management skills are required:
- 5+ years experience installing and managing system level software using SMPE and other standard IBM utilities
- Experience with IBM Servicelink – knowledge on how to pull maintenance, open issues, and send diagnostics
- Experience troubleshooting software defects
- Familiarity with non-IBM vendors such as BMC, Syncsort, CA, FDR
- Experience with assembler and the ability to manage system level exits
- Must be familiar with z/OS Parmlib configurations
- General knowledge of Unix System Services
- Adhere to Change Management, Incident Management and Configuration Management policies and procedures