World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity available for an Senior Computer Security Incident Response Engineer to support our Information Technology team located in St. Louis, MO.
The WWT Information Security (InfoSec) team is currently searching for a Senior Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) Engineer. The CSIRT is the front line of defense against information security incidents. When not responding to an incident, the CSIRT is actively monitoring, improving existing processes and tools, building new capabilities, or threat hunting. As a Sr. CSIRT Engineer, you will mentor less senior members of the CSIRT and serve as a point of escalation for complex security incidents.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Identify, assess, and respond to information security incidents.
• Act as a liaison between industry peers, government agencies (including law enforcement), WWT Corporate Physical Security, and other specialists.
• Improve upon existing processes and capabilities.
• Automate CSIRT responses to securityevents.
• Propose and build new processes and capabilities in support of the team’s mission.
• Develop and maintain all necessary supporting materials, such as documentation.
• Mentor less senior CSIRT staff.
• Stay up-to-date on the latest securitythreats, best practices, and technologies.
Knowledge (including but not limited to):
The Sr. CSIRT Engineer must have in-depth knowledge of the following:
• Methods and motivations adopted by hackers to attack IT platforms and automated information systems.
• Information systems access controls, logging, and alerting capabilities.
• InfoSec incident management processes and tools.
• InfoSec securityrisk assessment.
• InfoSec forensic techniques, tools, and procedures.
• IT end-to-end problem management
• Legal requirements for the privacy of customer and employee information.
Skills (including but not limited to):
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate with technical staff, lines of business, and senior management.
• Ability to consume and synthesize intelligence about actors, techniques, or situations to identify emerging risk scenarios.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in process formulation and improvement.
• Ability perform root cause analysis.
• Proficient in working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic, multicultural business environment.
• Proven ability to mentor junior incident response professionals in both process and technical subject matters.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Cyber Security, Information Assurance, or Information Securitydegreepreferred.
• Certifications proving hands-on InfoSec capability and/or InfoSec knowledge
Job Code 6403