Contributes to the overall success of the GBM Compliance Canada Testing team by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
1. Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
2. Supports the GBM Canada Compliance Testing team and the relevant business units in establishing and executing a risk-based testing program that identifies areas risk exposure, provides adequate risk coverage and depth of testing while promoting testing and monitoring consistent disciplines in adherence to the regulatory compliance requirements standards.
3. Coordinates the execution of testing activities as per annual review plan in alignment with business partner strategic priorities.
4. Ensures consistent use of testing tools and templates to facilitate activities performed.
5. Assess the designated business unit practices to determine their efficiencies and effectives as it relates to the mitigation of regulatory risk in alignment with the Bank’s digital transformation strategy.
6. Identifies gaps in the existing first line supervision program and participates in developing, maintaining, and implementing changes to applicable policies and procedures.
7. Manages the preparation and delivery of the testing findings report for the relevant Testing team management for consideration.
8. Reviews and investigates compliance issues as they arise and escalates findings from compliance testing to relevant Testing team management with recommendations on approach to follow.
9. Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
10. Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
11. Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
12. The incumbent will also be responsible for conducting independent testing of the Volcker Compliance Program and Dodd Frank Title VII compliance testing. Duties will include execution of Dodd Frank test cases, documentation of findings and findings issues management in accordance with Compliance Testing Guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 of relevant experience in the financial industry preferably within a regulatory compliance, audit or risk function in a matrix organization
- Knowledge of data analytics to identify areas of risk and opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytical skills, results orientation and data driven approach in decision making (via KPIs and Metrics)
- Familiarity with the requirements of Dodd Frank Title VII and associated proposed regulations relating to Swap Dealers, including the Volcker Rule.
- Financial/audit designation is an asset
Requisition ID: 21402