Senior Compliance Officer
The Cadence Bank Consumer Compliance Department is an essential element of the overall risk management function. Regulatory complexity, the Board of Directors' risk appetite, and the diverse circumstances encountered to support our various financial products create a complex compliance profile making compliance risk management vital. The Senior Compliance Officer will aid in effectively managing and overseeing risk while promoting a strong culture of compliance across the Bank and its affiliates.
The Senior Compliance Officer will contribute to developing guidelines for identifying, assessing, controlling, measuring, monitoring, and reporting compliance risks across the organization, and for providing compliance training throughout the organization. The key functions within consumer compliance risk management include:
- Fair Lending
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA)
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- Compliance Testing and Monitoring
- Complaint Management
- Maintain a high degree of regulatory knowledge;
- Stay informed of industry issues and trends;
- Capable of communicating with all levels of management, in-house legal staff and the Bank's regulators;
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Manage day-to-day interactions and relationships;
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures and
- Contribute to the review and analysis of risk assessments.
Duties will include a combination of the following:
- Contribute to the analysis required to complete the Bank's Fair Lending risk assessment;
- Execute compliance tests and communicate results through various reports to Compliance Management, Line of Business partners and Executive Management;
- Recommend best practices to support ongoing management activities as needed;
- Be familiar with system and workflow processes and procedures for all consumer and business loan applications;
- Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of fair and equal treatment laws and regulations and how they apply to the lines of business;
- Act as a mentor and advisor to other Compliance officers to assist in the completion of compliance projects;
- Fair Lending Complaint management -- assess and review complaints related to discrimination or fair banking issues and ensure appropriate resolution;
- Partner with lines of business to develop policies, procedures, and controls for the regulations that impact their areas as they relate to the specified area of focus; and
- Collaborate with both Compliance management and Line of Business management to develop corrective action plans to remediate compliance findings.
Education - Bachelor's degree preferred, Graduate degree or CRCM is a plus, (extensive experience may substitute for a bachelor's degree).
- Experience -- at least five years banking experience in a compliance role; experience in a risk management system is a plus.
- Organized and analytical;
- Accurate and methodical;
- Resourceful and innovative;
- Problem solver and team player;
- Verbal and written communication of complex information
- Technical, e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel & Word.