Compliance - General
Job Description Summary
Assist the Divisional Compliance Officer/Director, Compliance in supervising or managing multiple functions, activities and operations of the business units'/divisions' Compliance Departments. Prevent, detect and assist in resolving potential violations of state and federal laws and regulations and the rules of self-regulatory and industry ethical standards organizations.
- Develops, directs and assigns projects to Compliance Managers, Compliance Analysts, technical and administrative staff.
- Directly manage and supervise overall performance of compliance department staff.
- Reviews and determines impact of federal and state legislation and regulatory rulemaking on company operations and distributors for multiple functions, business units or locations. Prepares notices or bulletins communicating the effect of legislation and regulation upon the divisions' operations and distributors.
- Assist the Compliance Officer and/or appropriate Operational Risk Management in assessing the division’s Compliance risks and prepare such reports to division and Corporate management as may be appropriate concerning such risks.
- Develops recommendations for corrective action based upon analysis of legislation/regulation and deficiencies flagged during examinations and/or investigations, and works with business unit operational managers to ensure corrective action has occurred.
- Initiates projects to improve the efficiency of the business units' or divisions' compliance functions/departments.
- Develops analytical abilities of persons serving as Manager, Compliance or technical staff to enable them to achieve degree of expertise and autonomy.
- Ensures compliance with departmental and Company policies and procedures.
- Prepares analysis of reports on operation of department.
- Represents the company at various industry related meetings.
- Assists the legal department with state insurance department audits, corporate audits, and Internal audits.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- FINRA securities 7 & 24 and/or state life insurance licenses may be required, as appropriate.
- 5 -8 years of insurance and/or securities experience required, with at least 1 year experience in compliance or internal audit functions at a supervisory or management level.
- Law degree, CLU, FLMI or legal assistant degree is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced analytical, interpretive, organizational and negotiations skills.
- Understanding of contract law and company operations.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Must be able to work in a fast moving team.
- Normal office environment utilizing Microsoft office products.