The role advises the Enterprise Head and internal partners on Volcker Rule Metrics trends as well as other findings to assure Volcker Rule obligations are satisfied. At an Enterprise level this role monitors, reviews, and evaluates applicable quantitative measurements against Volcker Rule Compliance Program requirements and is the point of initial escalation where appropriate.This role will function as a subject matter expert on Volcker Rule Metric requirements. To assist BMO in effectively achieving Volcker Rule compliance, the Senior Compliance Manager will maintain a depth of knowledge of Volcker Rule Metrics related regulatory requirements and developments, current leading compliance analytics practices and identify possible gaps and weaknesses in BMO’s Volcker Rule Compliance Program.
- Maintain current, in-depth knowledge of Volcker Rule Metrics as well as current leading practices, standards and regulatory requirements of Volcker Rule compliance programs, including metrics reporting, metrics generation methodologies, metrics data analysis, and metrics issues management and apply them as appropriate to BMO`s Volcker Rule Metrics Program.
- Manage the development and maintenance of Volcker Rule Metrics policies, procedures and minimum documentation standards
- Provide oversight over Volcker Rule Metrics development and ongoing enhancements
- Coordinate communication between the Volcker Rule Compliance Office (VCO) and all metrics stakeholders.
- Monitor BMO’s Volcker Rule Metrics and design and develop comprehensive reports for working groups, senior management and regulatory agencies as required
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with other second line BMO risk management partners to ensure the metrics related aspects of BMO`s Volcker Rule Compliance Program is appropriately integrated into the Enterprise’s overall risk management program.
- Maintain close working relationships with Volcker Rule Metrics subject matter experts in jurisdictions where the organization operates.
- Establish key risk and performance indicators related to Volcker Rule Metrics to measure the effectiveness of the Volcker Rule Compliance Program.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelordegree, graduate degreepreferred, in math, statistics, risk, finance or related quantitative field of study, with related compliance certifications a plus
- Minimum of 5-7years in an analytics monitoring function or otherrisk management experience, with knowledge of BMO’s Volcker Rule Compliance Program a plus
- Expertise in Excel, SAS, or otherStatistics Package, with SQL knowledge a plus
- Strong communication, analytics, presentation, project management skills
- Sound judgement, relationship management, and negotiation skills
- Proficient knowledge of risk and applicable regulatory requirements
- This role operates in a high stress regulatory environment, with constantly changing expectations and close regulatory and audit scrutiny.
Limited travel may be required.