The Senior Compliance Consultant will provide compliance testing, testing review, document support and government forms preparation and review for highly complex retirement plan clients. Ensure that assigned plans remain tax qualified by meeting all IRS and DOL reporting and testing requirements. This also includes reporting on all accounting and financial activity for the plan. May also provide technical training.
You are the right person for this role if:
- You have Bachelor’s degree in business related filed or combination of education and industry experience
- You have 5-7 years of progressive plan experience in third party administration environment including experience in preparing, reviewing and explaining qualified plan compliance testing and government forms filing
- Obtained ASPPA’s QKA designation
- Demonstrated experience in areas of controlled groups, cross testing, catch-up contributions and other technical topics
- Advanced level of Excel and testing system (TBD)
- Proven ability to utilize technical skils ad available tools to solve compliance issues.
- Advanced knowledge of retirement plan tax lawn (ERISA) including Revenue Code sections 401401(a)(4), 416, 414(b), (c), (m), (n), as well as others.
- Should also have a very strong mathematical aptitude, specifically detailed financial reconciliation and data analysis.
- QKA designation a plus
The Senior Compliance Consultant will:
- Prepare and review non-discrimination tests, top heavy test, coverage tests, 415 annual addition tests on the largest and most technically complex plans.
- Complex testing on New Comparability plans, multiple employer plans and “high profile’ plans.
- Complete additional compliance testing that must be done such as 401(a)4 and may also perform and or review more complex contribution.
- Reviews legal plan document and all employee data and determines participant eligibility.
- Coordinates year end processing issues with Relationship Managers/Client Service Managers. Also assists with any client calls
- Leads process improvement projects deemed necessary after annual review of internal procedures by Compliance Manager, incorporating any upcoming tax law updates
- Assist in training of new processes