- The Senior Compliance Auditor, under direction of the Director, Corporate Compliance-Chief Compliance Officer, is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based audits of Elliot Health System in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
- Conducts audits of EHS activities and operational areas for compliance with applicable federal and state statutes, regulations, and guidelines, and EHS policies and procedures.
- Assists with identifying compliance areas to be audited, preparing audit notifications and making arrangements for conducting on-site audits.
- Arranges audit findings discussion conferences with departments/teams to present audit findings and make recommendations for corrective action plans. Communicates effectively with all EHS employees to ensure a successful audit.
- Assesses audit responses provided by operational areas to determine appropriateness of such responses. Makes recommendations for additional follow-up audits, if required.
- Plans compliance and operational review audits from approved annual audit plan.
- Conducts risk assessments of assigned department or functional area and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Analyzes findings, draft audit issues and recommend value-driven solutions that improve practices and operations.
- Prepares/presents timely audit reports for management.
- Validates completion of required action from audit reports within approved implementation dates.
- Confirms through facilitation of corrective action plan that business owners have operationalized activities tied to required remediation.
- Advises on internal controls and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within the organization.
- Assists with completion of special projects, programs and requests, as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Working knowledge of the Office of Inspector General (OIG) annual work plan and CMS regulations. Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Experience with implementing the seven elements of an effective compliance program for hospitals: developing an annual compliance audit/work plan.
- Strong understanding of OIG/OCR guidance/guidelines for hospital compliance programs.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Analytical skills to organize, test and interpret hospital and operational data are required.
- Effective communications with coworkers and management to ensure a successful team production environment is required.
- Organizational skills that ensure the delivery of effective results within established timelines.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of professional audit, coding or related experience in a hospital setting required.
- Certification/Licensure: Healthcare Compliance Certification (CHC) or other compliance certification strongly preferred, or obtained within one year of employment
- Software/Hardware: Proficiency with MS Office applications including Excel and Access highly desirable.
ELLIOT HEALTH SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER