With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the Electrification of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
We're currently looking for a Senior Compliance Analyst to join our team in Irving, Texas.
This role will be responsible for:
- The Senior Compliance Analyst will work closely with the operational management teams to ensure that NMAC policies and processes are compliant with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- This position will be responsible for conducting monitoring and testing of operational processes, risk assessments and identifying and communicating emerging risks.
- In addition this role will have responsibility for noting deficiencies in policy and procedure documentation and providing guidance to address gaps.
- The Senior Compliance Analyst will maintain a positive working relationship with the operations management team and foster a culture of compliance and continuous improvement through offering best practice solutions and recommendations.
- This person will operate under the direction of the Manager, Compliance with compliance priorities established by NMAC's Compliance Steering Committee.
Job functions include but are not limited to:
- Develops, conducts and assesses operation focused continuous monitoring for compliance with federal and state consumer financial protection laws and regulations.
- Conducts risk based reviews to identify compliance gaps and risk of harm to consumers by reviewing applicable policies and procedures and making recommendations to address gaps.
- Tests the adequacy of control systems, performing root cause analysis for identified issues, and presenting written reports outlining the testing results to all levels of management, including Compliance.
- Analyzes and identifies key control weaknesses across the organization and provides remediation recommendations to management.
- Conducts monthly monitoring and analysis of operational reporting.
- Prepares and presents executive and Board (Compliance Steering Committee) level compliance reporting.
- Develops and executes compliance related projects and/or program design through all phases of the development life cycle, including authoring project related documentation (e.g., risk assessments). Provides ongoing guidance, support and feedback to business partners to promote a progressive and sustainable compliance culture across the organization.
- Applies a working knowledge of the U.S. regulatory compliance requirements in a financial services organization with a primary focus on consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Actively participates on project teams as necessary.
- Ability to present and communicate clearly and effectively with Senior and Executive Management, highly effective written and verbal skills, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize multiple work assignments with ongoing deadlines, ability to independently perform compliance related research, problem solving skills and project management skills preferred
- Familiarity with state and federal laws and regulations in the area of consumer protection
- 5-7 years professional experience with 3 years or more of experience in a compliance related role (auto finance or regulatory experience preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related field required (MBA preferred)
- Relevant professional certification highly desired
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)