PRIMARY PURPOSE: To act as a department subject matter expert by providing guidance to the complex claims team to ensure consistency resolving matters optimally while creating a culture of continual quality improvement destined to elevate the overall claim handling to benefit our stakeholders; to ensure the consistency in the developed targeted solutions, and technical guidance and oversight provided to claims team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Industry designation(s) preferred. Licenses as required for specific jurisdictions.
Ten (10) years of casualty claims experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include five (5) to seven (7) years of experience handling complex claims and experience in negotiation, mediation, arbitration or ADR skills on higher value complex claims. Supervisory experience preferred. Specific jurisdictional expertise required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate licensing
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Ability to manage claims across multiple jurisdictions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies.