Senior Compensation Consultant Engagement Leader / Principal
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help companies offer their employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
The Senior Compensation Consultant Engagement Leader / Principal will be an essential part of our Compensation Consulting team responsible for establishing and generating increased revenue through new relationships and leads that come about from strategic relationships. This role is for someone who knows workforce and executive compensation practices and can assess needs, write proposals and sell the projects. This person will then manage the client relationships and lead the compensation projects they sell.
The Senior Compensation Consultant Engagement Leader / Principal will:
- Generate revenue through the development of new client relationships while building and maintaining existing client relationships, which will ideally lead to opportunities for project extensions, cross-selling, and referrals to new prospects
- Identify prospects through RFPs, public speaking engagements, writing articles, and networking
- Listen to a prospective client’s issues, understand their situation, identify potential needs, and write-up a solution while costing out proposal fees
- Liaise with the client and lead teams working on assigned projects to ensure completion with a high level of technical and professional accuracy
- Oversee the development of project deliverables such as market pricings, job evaluation, pay structure design, regression analysis cost impact models, incentive plan design, and report preparation
- Partner with team members related to researching difficult questions or escalated issues and ensure project deliverables are understood and accepted
- Work towards resolutions in response to escalated client issues and demonstrate a proactive solution-based approach to enhance client relations
- In project delivery, ensure team members meet very high standards for customer service, technical and communication skills
- Design short-term and long-term incentive programs that reinforce the clients' strategic objectives
You are the right person for this role if:
- You know workforce and/or executive compensation practices very well
- You can provide oversight of workforce project deliverables like market pricings, pay structure design, pay equity studies, and cost impact models
- You can provide oversight and guidance on executive workforce project deliverables like proxy or 990 peer group/published market pay studies, short term incentive plan design and long-term pay programs.
- You have excellent sales capabilities to sell projects
- You have experience managing project teams
- You can be responsible for tracking and submitting monthly project billing
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- You have proven project management skills and creative problem-solving abilities and the ability to manage multiple projects and business development activities simultaneously
- You have 7+ years of experience in compensation or compensation-related consulting (with specific experience in workforce compensation and/or executive compensation)
Preferred (but not required) skills for this role are:
- Experience with MarketPay
- CCP Certification
- Masters or MBA degree
Newport group offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).