Kemper is seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst to work at our office in downtown Chicago. This key role will impact Kemper as we grow and enhance our business. You will be responsible for serving as a subject matter expert and performing responsibilities which require a high degree of expertise in all areas of compensation and rewards. Initiatives will include leading and participating in large compensation projects within area of responsibility. You will perform duties and responsibilities with substantial latitude for independent decision-making.
This position includes partnering with HR Business Partners in problem definition, solution development, and implementation of action plans for key compensation initiatives. You will have the opportunity to work with all levels of business management in proactively developing solutions to employee related issues. You will be a part of the Total Rewards team working to create new and innovative reward programs at an exciting time in the Company’s transformation into an industry leader.
· Solid understanding of Federal and state regulations governing compensation and employment including: Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Pay Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act
· Solid understanding of Compensation procedures, principles and concepts in the following areas: base pay administration, management compensation, reward and recognition programs; equity administration experience strongly desired
· Significant understanding of accounting rules related to compensation management
· Knowledge of executive and board of director compensation programs and processes
· Advanced technical expertise in areas of compensation programs and compensation program systems
· Works independently with guidance for the most complex situations
· Strong project management skills in leading large projects
· Good analytical skills including the ability to extract data and present findings and recommendations
· Preferred operational knowledge of UltiPro human resources information system and reporting capabilities
· Strong communications skills with the ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations to management and employee groups
· Ability to facilitate discussions and gain consensus
· Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
· 6-8 years of experience in Compensation or Human Resources with heavy compensation background and experiences
· Expert-level experience and capability with Microsoft Excel a must
· Experience with mergers and acquisitions strongly preferred
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
· CCP a plus
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V