Cirrus Aircraft’s Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jet™, the world’s first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System® (CAPS®) – the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS® as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft.
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilot’s license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development and career progression opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events.
The Senior Compensation Analyst is responsible for conducting market pricing and job evaluations and administering the base pay and applicable variable pay programs, as well as analysis and support. The Senior Compensation Analyst assures we have up to date job descriptions/levels of progression, and also participates and assists with HRMS/payroll related duties and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Administers compensation plans, salary administration, annual merit increase process and short-term incentive programs, and related compensation actions.
- Coordinates and conducts job analysis and reviews job descriptions for appropriateness and confirmation of FLSA classifications and to ensure equitable and consistent establishment of job standards. Assures up to date job descriptions and levels of progression are maintained in UKG and the intranet.
- Administers the salary structure and job hierarchy, including participation in salary surveys and utilizing survey data to determine the necessity of structure shifts as well as ensuring the internal equity within the job hierarchy. Analyzes market data as well as knowledge of market trends and the decisions of both the business units and other local employers to set the annual salary increase budget.
- Analyzes, prepares, and communicates recommendations with the appropriate approvers.
- Conducts special compensation analysis to determine competitiveness and develops creative design and solutions for retention and other goals of the organization.
- Ensures compliance with all compensation related legislation, including FLSA.
- Works with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition team, and hiring managers to determine the salary for offers of employment and promotions by utilizing market data as well as internal data and ensures both market and internal equity.
- Coordinates tax equalization reporting and processes and other related duties for international assignments.
- Participates and assists with HRMS related duties and projects. Acts as a backup for payroll.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or business-related field or equivalent combination of education, technical and functional experience required.
- 5 or more years demonstrated compensation experience required.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification, or currently in pursuit of CCP designation preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, math, and problem-solving skills;
- Strong knowledge of compensation programs and laws including base pay, FLSA and variable pay.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft suite of products, including Word, PowerPoint and highly proficient in Excel.
- Proficiency in HRIS database management, analysis, logic, and report generation – preferably UKG Pro.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up; deadline oriented; strong ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.