Our client, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to their customers. Well-respected, with a global presence, our client consistently offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today's dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering, using an open systems approach, our client solves the nation's most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.Senior Communications Systems Engineer (US Citizenship Required*)Scottsdale, AZ2019-8994
- Provide communications system design and analysis for modulation, frequency up/down conversion, Analog/Digital conversion, signal conditioning/filtering, signal multiplexing/combining, error correction coding
- Develop and analyze communications link budgets
- Model communications systems components in MatLab
- Provide cost and implementation schedule estimates for communications systems
- Understand implementation of communications system using software based systems
- Provide specifications, requirements, concepts and detailed designs for communications systems
- Provide specific, detailed information for communications systems hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs.
- Create system level test plans and procedures for testing communications systems
- Define special test equipment or procedures required for testing complex communications systems
- Evaluate and report on new communications systems technologies to enhance capabilities of systems
- Guide the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role
- Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one discipline/field and possesses working knowledge in multiple adjacent disciplines/fields
- Possess excellent specialized skills or is recognized for expertise in a specialized area of focus
- Excellent ability to develop solutions to highly complex problems that require significant ingenuity, innovation and creativity
- Apply extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Perform work without appreciable direction
- May act as a team leader, thus, contributing to the successful completion of a major program
- May mentor more junior staff
- Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Represent organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
- Ensure solutions are consistent with organization and customer objectives
- Display excellent leadership skills and critical thinking skills
- May make decisions and develop concepts that have long-lasting influence on the future course of the division, function, or program
- Travel may be required
*US Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract. Education and Experience :
Conditions of Employment:
- Bachelor's Degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) combined with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's Degree combined with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Agile experience preferred
Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.About Our Company:
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing our clients with a high standard of quality products and services. For two decades, our reputation has been built on this dedication and the long-term relationships developed with some of the most prestigious companies in the aerospace and defense industries. These business relationships give you the opportunity to not only find a job but to find one you can value and enjoy. We will be dedicated to you and to making your career a success.
Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Join a team that values your experience!