We take great strides to ensure our employees have the resources to live well, be healthy, continue learning, develop skills, grow professionally and serve our local communities. We invite you to apply for a career with Blue Cross.
You should know that:
- Jobs are updated and posted daily.
- You must submit your resume online.
- Apply for each position for which you are qualified and interested in.
- You will only be considered for positions for which you apply.
- Resumes are only accepted for posted positions.
- Positions are full-time unless otherwise stated.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, only those most qualified will be contacted.
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
Plans, installs, monitors and maintains the integrity, security, availability, reliability and performance of primary and auxiliary technical architecture for corporate computerized voice and/or data systems as related to infrastructure software/hardware; provides an extended level of technical support and timely assistance to clients of computerized communications systems; evaluates, tests, and recommends new computerized communications system products.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position reports to Manager, Communications Systems Engineering.
Activities of Direct Reports:
This position has no direct reports.
- Presents and recommends priorities, hardware, systems, design changes and technical alternatives to users and management.
- Must have ability to identify and effectively present the advantages of database/systems alternatives.
- Works with counterparts in development areas to recommend and negotiate approaches, problem resolution and/or changes.
- Attends technical conferences.
- Provides counseling to client personnel on request.
- Participates in vendor negotiations and meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Four years of related work experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Requires knowledge of computing systems and development process, which includes data processing equipment, programming languages, programming and analysis techniques, operating systems, test and data management in areas of voice and/or data communications.
- Must have demonstrated ability to analyze and solve logical problems such as may be found in mathematics, statistics, etc.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience, extensive professional systems and programming background in one or more of the following areas of specialty as specified:
- Network/server/telecommunications systems software
- Application and system software
- File Transfer and/or monitoring software
- Operating system software
- Information security systems software
- Voice PBX configuration
- Voice recording system configuration
- Other relevant areas of specialty
- Must have in-depth understanding of systems installation and maintenance and demonstrated communication skills to exchange information and resolve problems with customers/clients.
- Develops functional specifications, identifies external program interactions, recommends communications hardware/software design changes and cost/function trade-offs.
- Presents status and technical alternatives to management.
ANALYTICAL & CREATIVE:
- Analyzes and develops detailed approaches to determine the most efficient systems and programming approach on complex applications and systems that require extensive problem definition.
- High degree of analytical ability to analyze project objectives and develop requirements.
- Keeps current with improvements in programming/analysis techniques and applies as appropriate.
- Must achieve optimum performance within time and cost objectives.
- Contributes to the development of new programming/analysis concepts and improvement of existing techniques.
1. Technical Architecture:
Plans, researches, designs, analyzes, estimates, determines options, recommends, installs, tests, schedules, implements, administers, documents, monitors, tunes performance and maintains primary and auxiliary technical architecture as related to assigned areas of specialty to ensure the integrity, security, availability, reliability and performance of corporate computerized communications systems to meet client needs and expectations.
2. Tactical Planning:
Evaluates and recommends new system products in order to ensure that the IT Department acquires the most efficient, cost effective, and appropriate technology.
3. Teamwork and Leadership:
Provides leadership, technical/soft-skill mentoring and knowledge transfer for a small group of professionals to meet client needs and expectations.
4. Understands IT Departmental Goals and Objectives and delivers work products to contribute to those goals.