The MetroHealth System is an essential health system committed to providing health care to everyone in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, and improving the health of the community overall. Its 7,500 employees deliver care to everyone at its main campus, just west of downtown Cleveland, and at more than 25 other MetroHealth locations. It also provides health care at more than 40 additional sites in Cuyahoga County through community partnerships such as the School Health Program.
Contributes to developing and overseeing the communication strategy for all social media and other related content for The MetroHealth System (MHS) for a range of audiences, including businesses, state/local governments, the community, patients, visitors and other stakeholders. Develops, writes, produces and edits content for digital, video, print, presentations, speeches, opinion editorials, email and newsletters. Creates, posts, manages and monitors all social media communications for MHS. Generates ideas for regular news coverage, updates the online newsroom daily, writes blog posts, writes/distributes a community newsletter, finds stories for daily news pitches, and facilitates media interviews with MHS staff and patients as needed. Upholds the mission, vision, values, and customer service standards of The MetroHealth System.
1. Contributes to developing and overseeing the communication strategy for all social media and other related content development for MHS.
2. Oversees online communications platforms associated with MHS including the online newsroom, blogs, community newsletter and social media accounts; protects MHS's brand at all times.
3. Produces and/or posts content for The MetroHealth System's Facebook, Twitter,Instagram, and other website accounts.
4. Writes concise and informative copy, articles and content promoting the institution, its functions, services and strategic direction for use in opinion editorials, marketing brochures and other collateral.
5. Conducts interviews and initiates research needed to compile information for messaging, content and articles.
6. Monitors social media and online platforms related to MHS; analyzes postings to determine how MHS is being perceived.
7. Analyzes, understands and reports on social media trends and metrics; ensures that MHS meets the System's overall social media strategy and goals; works tomaximize MHS's social media exposure.
8. Participates in a variety of day-to-day media relations functions.
9. Serves as a liaison and main point-of-contact for various media vendors.
10. Serves as a member of the Crisis Communications team, handles "off-hours" callsper the schedule, and responds to media inquiries and urgent situations when necessary.
11. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in continuing education courses, professional organizations, seminars, workshops, reading current literature and maintaining professional contacts in the community; monitors and assesses the appropriateness of emerging communications trends and strategies, and adopts techniques as deemed appropriate.
12. Incorporates principles of teamwork in the resolution, completion and follow-up of responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations, or other related field.
7 years of print, digital and editorial experience in a health care and/or business environment.
Exceptional and experienced writer with strong proofreading skills.
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
Ability to write, edit, take photos, shoot video and communicate on all media platforms.
Strong strategic thinking, organizational and planning skills.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Displays a positive and professional demeanor that can be maintained during stressful times.
Access to reliable transportation to travel to various locations within The MetroHealth System based on operational needs.
Experience in the health care industry.
Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style.
May sit, stand, stoop, bend, and ambulate intermittently during the day.
May need to sit or stand for extended periods.
See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required.
May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion.
Ability to communicate in face-to-face, phone, email, and other communications.
Ability to see computer monitor and departmental documents.