Functions/Duties of PositionAs a member of the internal communications team, you will work to develop and implement internal communications strategies that foster employee and student engagement, inspire trust and advance the mission of OHSU.
In this position you'll support the education mission of OHSU, liaising with the Provost's Office and its associated student and faculty support services as well as with the student council and other student groups.
This role includes presenting interesting and useful content, fostering vibrant online dialogue with internal stakeholders and supporting other communicators with tools, technology and counsel. Specifically, you'll:
- Create written and visual content that meets the needs of the audience while adhering to best practices and OHSU standards. Solicit and edit content from others and maintain an editorial calendar.
- In consultation with internal communications leadership, develop and execute a comprehensive internal communications strategy for the education mission.
- Liaise and support internal stakeholders in identifying effective communications strategies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Foster productive online dialogue by encouraging active engagement in online communities by OHSU leaders, faculty, staff and students. You'll monitor, moderate and respond to online comments.
- Effectively select and use technical communications platforms—including those needed to produce blogs, email campaigns, and intranet content. You'll be responsible for identifying the best platforms, developing content and campaigns aligned to the platforms and training and mentoring a network of internal stakeholders in using these centralized tools.
- Ensure that engagement goals are met by analyzing internal communications data using analysis tools and use the information it to improve communications practices throughout OHSU.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, creative writing, journalism or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in corporate communications.
Skills and abilities:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including AP Style.
- Exceptional skills in online community management.
- Knowledge of communications best practices, including writing for mobile and plain language.
- Excellent skills in analyzing and interpreting web, email, and campaign data
- Ability to quickly learn and easily use new software.
- Strong familiarity and comfort with at least one content management system.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to adjust to change quickly, to learn on the fly, and to write in a variety of formats.
- Excellent team player who is also capable of self-direction.
- Strong skills using a variety of applications, and ability to learn new applications quickly