Job Location: United States : Rhode Island : Warwick
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Auto & Home is one of the leading group auto and home insurance brands. Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to bring to life MetLife Auto & Home's story through internal communications that motivate and inspire our associates.
We're looking for a genuine storyteller who is adept at understanding how to craft employee-specific messages that drive action and engagement. Our new colleague will have a talent for interpreting what he/she hears from senior business leaders to develop, manage and execute internal communication strategies that are fresh, interactive and engaging.
The Senior Communications Specialist is a communications professional who likes to dig deep into an organization and identify effective ways to drive associate engagement. Internal communications will be strategic and tactical – creating awareness, excitement and understanding of key business initiatives that enhance the way MetLife Auto & Home does business and provides best-in-class experience for its customers.
This person will be responsible for leading employee engagement efforts to support more than 2,900 associates in MetLife Auto & Home's 10 offices across the U.S. through internal social platforms, video, blogs, interactive events and other innovative channels. He/she must have the ability to work independently as the position is located at the business headquarters in Warwick, R.I., reporting into the Communications team based in New York, N.Y.
A skilled writer and team player able to collaborate with peers across business functions, he/she must be comfortable in fluid situations, exhibit high organizational and emotional intelligence, and demonstrate the agility needed to thrive in fast-paced environments.
- In conjunction with the broader communications team, develop and execute an engaging communications strategy that brings to life the business' strategy and transformation for all associates
- Partner with senior leaders and subject matter experts across the business to understand and simplify complex ideas and strategies to make concepts and content relevant to employees
- Write and produce multi-media content that engages audiences
- Work effectively across functions with colleagues at all levels within the organization
- Effectively manage and deliver communications through a variety of channels using current and emerging technology including social media, online community websites, video, etc.
- Integrate with the marketing, social media teams to develop and execute holistic two-way communications campaigns
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience in communications and/or public relations.
- 5+ years of experience working with business-to-consumer and/or business-to-business companies (or combination of the two).
- 3+ years of experience with traditional media, social media and new media channels with demonstrated results using them internally and externally to engage stakeholders.
- Strong and effective writing skills.
- Proven track record of success in executing internal communications programs.
- High proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- High energy and strong work ethic.
- Positive attitude and willingness to take initiative, share perspectives and make things happen.
- Recognized team player who willingly shares knowledge and information with others.
- Sound judgment as a communications professional.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field preferred.
- Agency experience a plus.
- Professional approach to working with senior level executives and providing counsel regarding media relations, media training and other relevant communications issues.
- Ability to explain complex concepts and make them relevant to multiple audiences.