$200K — $250K *
Millennium Engineering and Integration is seeking a Senior Communications/Navigation Engineer in the Dayton, OH area. The position supports the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. The candidate will support the Special Operations Forces and Personnel Recovery Division at the Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance & Special Operations Forces Directorate.
- Provide avionics integration support and technical direction in the areas of: requirements generation, systems design and integration, risk management, development, modification, test, production, sustainment, deployment, operations, and disposal as required in regards to Communication, Navigation, Surveillance Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) systems
-Provide Communication, Navigation, Identification (CNI) expertise and assist as a focal point and technical manager on Navigation system developments
-Work closely with USAF CNS/ATM agencies, i.e., AFLCMC/HBA Air Traffic Services (ATS), to assist in the generation of performance matrices, verification methodologies, data collection and Performance Assessment (PA) generation in order to certify required capabilities for civil airspace (National Airspace System (NAS) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements).
- Assist with providing navigation databases expertise and development technical management, to include World Wide Navigation Database, terrain avoidance databases, and loading/mission planning equipment
- Support development, testing, and certification processes as well as the external suppliers/agencies and products involved, including Flight Management System suppliers, National Geospatial-intelligence Agency (NGA), AFLCMC/HBM Air Mission Planning Division, Digital Aeronautical Flight Information File, JEPPESEN and Avionics Weapon Electronics.
- Provide knowledge and guidance and produce artifacts to support systems integration; OSS&E; airworthiness certification per the latest version of MIL-HDBK-516; safety per MIL-STD-882; and AFI 63-1201 Life Cycle Systems Engineering.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an ABET accredited educational program
- MS Degree Engineering (Electrical Engineering preferred)
- 12+ years of experience in development, acquisition, and systems engineering of communication and/or navigation systems with 6 of the 12+ years of experience in avionics, software, or test for DoD systems
- Other ABET professional engineering degrees are acceptable with a minimum of 8 years of the 12 years minimum engineering experience in the specialty task areas of avionics, software or test for the DoD
- Experience interfacing with computer-based database and schedule tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Valid through: 6/22/2021