Job Summary: Position Summary: Under the joint direction of the HMFP Chief Communications Officer (CCO) and the BIDMC Chief Administrative Officers (CAO's) of Emergency Medicine, Dermatology, and Orthopedics, the position of Sr. Communications & Marketing Specialist will support the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies among the three departments.
The successful candidate is a passionate advocate for storytelling across multiple communication and marketing platforms (editorial, social, video, digital, web, infographics, photography, collateral materials) and works collaboratively with departmental and organizational teams and other internal stakeholders to achieve goals.
Responsibilities include internal and external communications; digital and social media management; website content updates; B2B and B2C physician marketing and service line promotion efforts.
- Internal communications: Draft and develop from concept to distribution internal staff announcements including departmental newsletters, annual reports and special publications. Manage content development, design, and approval process with internal stakeholders. Develop internal storytelling content that reinforces departmental and organizational values.
- External communications: This role will create, curate and maintain varied content and resources such as videos, media coverage, press releases, and other external creative assets.
- Marketing: Serve as primary liaison to assigned internal departments to build and execute effective B2B and B2C marketing strategies to promote physician-to-physician marketing and patient-focused service line promotion efforts. Create a brand for each assigned department using proven marketing tools and methods that gauge success, reach targeted audiences, and achieve goals and objectives.
- Website: Serve as primary content contributor to the HMFP/BIDMC/BILH websites for the three assigned departments and work collaboratively among those entities to maintain a successful marketing presence.
- Social Media: Develop and manage social media strategy for each department. Maintain social media content calendar, create original posts and campaigns, engage audiences, respond to public inquiries, and tagging relevant accounts. Develop best practices and processes around social media content development to ensure a sustainable, efficient, and effective operation.
- Research: Conduct research on internal communications and marketing best practices and translate into recommendations for new initiatives.
- Administrative support: Coordinate and participate in relevant departmental meetings.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally.