When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Interested in taking your career to the next level? Want to work in one of the most exciting industries in the world today? The communications and marketing team at UTC Aerospace Systems is looking for big thinkers who are ready to deliver game-changing performance. We are a team of dynamic, highly strategic and creative communication mavericks on a path to build an industry leading brand. If you enjoy storytelling, translating strategies into performance boosting marketing and communications plans, and leading transformative change, then consider this your runway. Are you ready to take off?
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And we're looking for a game-changing communications leader who is ready to lead a new era of communications at the industry's largest aerospace systems company.
Reporting to the associate director of Functional and Executive Communications, the senior communications manager for Operations & Quality is responsible for developing the strategy, planning, execution and measurement of global internal and executive communication programs across multiple channels.
Heading a team of two functional specialists, your primary focus is on supporting Operations and Quality business objectives through consistent messages for leaders, employees and other internal stakeholders. Working closely with subject matter experts across Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, and Environmental Health and Safety, your mission is to equip leaders and managers with tools to engage their teams, and drive and influence a collaborative culture.
A key player on the Central communications team, you will partner with other business unit and functional team leaders to align and coordinate all internal strategies and messages with the overall objectives of UTC Aerospace Systems. And as a seasoned, innovative communicator, you and your team will also work closely with the News and Internal Communications team on editorial planning and story generation, channel development and management, and enterprise-wide campaigns.
Finally, as a leader, you are responsible for growing and developing your team, coaching them on delivering communications excellence, the power of innovative thinking, and the value of teamwork.
- Provides strategic communications counsel for internal Operations and Quality projects, initiatives, and issues management, working withHR and other functions
- Works with senior leaders across Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, and Environmental Health and Safety to align and integrate internal communications plans and messages
- Builds communications plans, establishes goals and develops deliverables for defined channels to meet defined objectives
- Creates timely, relevant and dynamically written key messages, comprehensive communications and presentations
- Plans town hall meetings for leadership team members, and produces internal videos to inform employee about progress toward business strategies and goals
- Develops strategic messaging and executes innovative communications tactics to drive employee awareness and alignment globally using a variety of communications channels (intranet, email, video, digital signage, on-site)
- Tailors messages to a global and diverse employee audiences, including wired and non-wired employees, to increase awareness of key messages and business initiatives
- Fosters innovation to effectively reach target audiences, while ensuring appropriate balance of electronic and two-way communications
- Establishes strong internal partnerships across the business units and functions in support of aligned internal communications
- Follows established analytics program to effectively measure communication benchmarks and milestones for success
- Manages and leads a high-performing team, providing support, direction and coaching
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in internal communications; demonstrated track record of success
- Deep knowledge of internal communications strategies and channels, including effective use of digital and video communications
- Experience building, supervising and mentoring a team; ability to lead locally and virtually
- International business and communications experience
- Familiarity with web tools/posting content
- Proven success preparing and presenting materials on behalf of executives
- Prowess handling multiple projects, prioritizing and acting with a sense of urgency
- Critical thinking and an ability to understand complex business issues to distill messaging for diverse audiences
- Passion for engaging in new and innovative communication channels to drive breakthrough audience experiences
- Healthy sense of humor, positive outlook and lover of all things team
- Ability to travel 15-20 percent
- Operations, supply chain, manufacturing or technical experiencepreferred
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, communications, English, marketing or similar area of study.
- Master's degreepreferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68686BR