Do you want to change how people get to work, visit friends and move around our growing dynamic cities? Are you excited by the opportunities that having transportation – to drive or be driven – is creating for millions of people across North America and the world? Is helping to design and build revolutionary products inside one of the most historically successful and innovative automotive technology leaders the kind of opportunity you dream about? Then you need to join the team at ReachNow, offering car sharing and more from BMW. Headquartered in Seattle, WA we are looking to expand our footprint across North America. With the ReachNow team you have the opportunity to significantly shape the future of mobility.
We are looking for a Senior Communications Manager who will develop and execute communications strategies and campaigns designed to increase awareness and engagement with the ReachNow brand. This position will develop key relationships with media our top markets and nationally, develop and pitch storylines, and design compelling announcements that capitalize on these relationships to secure earned press coverage. As the primary PR/communications role on the marketing team, this position will also play a critical role in shaping our story, telling it across channels and rallying internal support around priority announcements. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead strategy and development of city-centric PR and multi-channel (including social media, member support center & content marketing) campaigns designed to raise awareness for ReachNow services.
- Own and execute a strategic communications calendar with defined methodology/system of tracking measuring and reporting on effectiveness of campaigns.
- Establish and identify the high priority press and influencer relationships essential to telling the ReachNow story within our markets and at a national level. Turn those relationships into stories.
- Write email communications, blog, social media channels, digital advertising, and related marketing communications needs with a consistent voice.
- Develop and, with the help of the team, manage an editorial calendar for ReachNow brand channels (social media/blog) designed to increase engagement and followers across all channels. Publish and manage all content for brand channels with support from the team.
- Write and/or edit press releases or other company content, including bylines for executives and experts.
- Manage vendor, freelance or agency as resources are available.
Join the ReachNow team of BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- 6 - 8 years of experience in communications or PR roles; agency experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator and team player who likes to hit deadlines
- Ability to move very quickly, think strategically and map communications goals to broader business goals.
- Self-starter with excellent time-management skills who can translate objectives into creative writing and then to final product
- Experienced in a wide variety of communications mediums, including social media, blog, content marketing, etc.
- Thorough understanding and appreciation of current web technologies and trends; able to apply this knowledge in day-to-day work.
- Ability to work collaboratively while taking responsibility for end result of the work.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic by being committed to a quality job, meeting deadlines, stellar attendance, focus on continued learned and skill building and a desire to grow on our team.
- Knowledge content marketing metrics and reporting.
- Calm under pressure, can excel and thrive in a high-volume environment
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills.