WHO WE ARE
BRF is a family-owned company located east of the city of Rochester, NY and just north of the beautiful Finger Lakes area. It is the leading beverage syrup supplier to the top three quick-service coffee franchises. We have long-standing partnerships with large consumer packaging companies, and national quick service food chains. BRF has been growing, year over year, since it's inception in the mid-90's, and is continuing to expand it's footprint in the current market, and beyond.
The Strategic Procurement function at BRF plays a critical role in the company’s ability to deliver high quality, cost effective products to our customers through the team effectively sourcing direct raw materials on a timely basis at the lowest total cost consistent with forecast requirements. This role has full-cycle ownership of procurement process for assigned contracts and/or vendors with a specific focus on in-depth understanding of raw material commodity procurement for food manufacturing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and execute on a sourcing strategy for each assigned commodity that incorporates customer requirements, product requirements, market conditions, business risk, and supplier capabilities.
- Provide global and domestic industry assessment for all assigned categories in order to ensure BRF is considering all elements that can impact our source of supply and competitive advantage.
- Use a data driven approach to develop purchasing plans to include market driven “trigger” points.
- Communicate on a continuous basis with internal customers to understand business objectives, expectations, and specific requirements.
- Use key reports and consultants to obtain market intelligence; i.e. long and short term market drivers
- Develop clear delineation between controlled and uncontrolled spend in order to institute strategy to manage/mitigate cost/risk for uncontrolled spend (market driven cost inputs)
- Implement strategy and targets to drive cost out of controllable spend (negotiable inputs, processing, waste).
- Create competition within categories to drive bottom-line impact and risk mitigation.
- Participate in developing annual budgets for assigned categories.
- Develop Supplier engagement plan based on category strategy.
- Manage suppliers based on metrics collected via scorecard across BRF disciplines.
- Working with BRF Supplier Quality, understand supplier’s out-going quality assessment process.
- Engage with Innovation/R&D to provide supplier/ingredient recommendations during development process to ensure source of supply and maximize the competitive advantage to Company.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of all sections of the monthly commodity dashboard.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in business-related discipline (i.e. business, economics, finance, accounting, supply chain).
- A minimum of seven (7) years of sourcing or procurement management role with direct responsibility for supplier management and pricing/costs decisions. Must have manufacturing industry experience, preferably high mix, high volume product lines.
- Must have strategic commodity procurement experience, preferably with understanding of tracking of futures, and reading market reports.
- Must possess strong supplier management skills, have had responsibility for industry assessments, financial analysis, negotiating contracts and cost modeling.
- An inquisitiveness that drives you to dig into understanding the business, identifying bottlenecks and opportunities, and then create solutions.
- High level of process improvement and willingness to drive business forward.
- Experience with an ERP system required. Systems proficiency with SAP desired.
- A drive, and desire to solve problems with data.