LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and everyday millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works as the new Senior Commercial Transaction Attorney in our Omaha office. As an integral member of our fast-paced, well-rounded, collaborative and FUN Legal team, you will play an active role in fulfilling LinkedIn's mission of connecting the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. We are seeking an intellectually curious, enthusiastic attorney who will help address the novel and complex legal and business issues that confront a fast-growing company committed to innovation. If you like smart, funny and motivated people who do not take themselves too seriously, you will fit in well with our Team!
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including software, data and content licenses, cloud service agreements, professional service agreements, construction service agreements, property and equipment leases, publicity releases, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Provide daily legal support to the LinkedIn Strategic Sourcing and contract management teams, Real Estate and Workplace Operations, and the LinkedIn Learning Solutions Content Management team regarding contractual obligations, intellectual property rights, and data protection and privacy requirements
- Provide ongoing legal training to internal stakeholders on contractual, privacy, and compliance issues
- Partner with LinkedIn’s Procurement, Accounts Payable, information security, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing and other internal stakeholders throughout the supplier lifecycle to drive compliance and protect LinkedIn
- Create leverage by identifying and implementing scalable processes to deliver legal services and drive business results: if you see a better way of doing something, implement it
- Help drive and manage the Legal team’s pro bono efforts in Omaha
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- 5+ years' experience practicing as an attorney
- Experience in commercial and technology transactions
- Prior in-house experience with a public technology company or extensive experienceworking with in-house counsel on in-bound transactions is preferred
- Specific transaction experience with the following a plus:
- Procurement: Familiarity with cloud service/SAAS subscription agreements, software licenses, and technology purchases, global purchase agreements.
- Real estate: Familiarity with design / build construction or tenant improvement contracts; experience with global construction projects.
- Content Licensing: Familiarity with publishing and digital content agreements, inbound music or asset licenses, and publicity releases.
- Substantive knowledge of contract law, copyright and other IP law, and privacy law is preferred
- Experience developing contracttemplates, playbooks, and use of clause libraries in a contract life-cycle management tool a plus.
- Honed communication and analytical skills, with an emphasis on creative and critical thinking
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with the ability to work independently and efficiently, meeting demanding deadlines, prioritizing workflow and adjusting to frequent workload fluctuations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, collaborative environment
- Attention to detail and dedication to excellence
- Positive and professional attitude
- Kindness, patience and a sense of humor!