The Senior Commercial Lines Marketing Representative acts as a primary negotiator in obtaining the most appropriate carrier coverage based on client needs. This individual will work independently on complex and/or important placements, by providing marketing expertise, including market selection, marketing submissions, and price and coverage negotiations, for both renewal and new business accounts.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Works closely with Producers and/or Account Executives to understand client's needs.
- Serves as an internal source for information concerning market trends, pricing practices and other underwriting policies.
- Develops an overall marketing plan and strategy for assigned accounts to ensure that marketing objectives are met.
- Markets new and renewal accounts and coordinates delivery of submissions from the production team to appropriate markets.
- Reviews and compares quotes to obtain the most comprehensive insurance programs and products at the most competitive value available.
- Negotiates price, terms, coverage, and commissions with company representatives.
- Participates in meetings and events with company representatives to learn about product offerings and develops relationships with the appropriate company personnel.
- Maintains awareness of the insurance marketplace and insurance company underwriting guidelines, appetites, and programs. Keeps abreast of new developments in the insurance marketplace through publications, seminars, and industry organizations.
- Makes sales presentations with producers as requested and serves as a resource to producers during the sales process.
- Travels to carrier offices to negotiate with underwriters as needed.
- Overtime work, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three to five years of carrier marketing experience, and strong knowledge of the insurance brokerage business.
- Appropriate active Property & Casualty license required
- Strong preference for industry designation (CIC, CPCU, ARM, etc.)
- Experience in using Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Strong communication skill set
- Must work well within a team environment
- Self-directed self-starter with a high attention to detail
- Ability to conduct research
- Strong negotiation skills
- Client service skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with producers, carriers and staff
- Ability to stand or sit at a workstation during a standard workday
- Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and printer
- Ability to move about the office to access office machinery and supplies
- Ability to work and meet challenging deadlines and expectations
- Job entails meticulous attention to detail. Must perform well with frequent interruptions or distractions.
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities, focus and direction as circumstances dictates