The Systems Commercial Engineer possesses and demonstrates a diverse set of technical skills and product knowledge coupled with ability to not only integrate Rockwell Automation products together, but understand how Rockwell Automation products are incorporated into an overall application. Possesses knowledge and experience with system design, applying multiple products/technologies together and the needs of customers.
The Systems Commercial Engineer is responsible for supporting the Rockwell Automation sales team with pre and post-sales technical issues. Pre-sales support includes proof of concepts, system architecture reviews and recommendations, customer visits, and the creation of customer facing collateral. Post-sales support will also be required at times to help resolve critical customer issues. Responsible for the development of technical presentations and demonstrations for use at tradeshows, sales offices, or customer facilities.
- Expected to maintain and continue to develop a technical expertise and commercial awareness of Rockwell Automation products and the industrial automation marketplace.
- Responsible for the development of presentations and demonstrations for use at tradeshows, sales offices, or customer facilities.
- Will lead the development, documentation and revising of product and system oriented application notes and/or technical marketing collateral to enhance the sale of Rockwell Automation products.
- Travel requirement for this position is approximately 10…20%.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Requires a minimum of 5years of demonstrated experience with overall control system design and/or supporting customer applications.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent combination of skills and education. BSEE or BSME preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- Capable of using of personal computers and the appropriate applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint, Teams and OneNote.
- Knowledge of Rockwell Automation core products, including but not limited to: PLCs, Motor Control, Operator Interface, Networking / Communication, Information Software , Safety and I/O
- Solid business/technical writing skills, able to present topics to mid to large size groups.
- Location for this position in order of desirability: Mayfield Heights, OH - Milwaukee, WI - Virtual in the USA (except Alaska & Hawaii)
- Field and/or direct customer experience desirable.
- Expertise with Integrated Architecture Builder, RSLinx, RSNetworx, RSLogix/Studio 5000, Connected Component Workbench, FactoryTalk View ME/SE, FactoryTalk Information Software (Historian, Vantage Point, etc.), and PlantPAx.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and/or virtualization software is a plus.
- Expertise with networking and/or knowledge of Converged Plantwide Ethernet guidelines.
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Must be adaptable, able to new learn new products/technologies outside current areas of expertise.
- System level troubleshooting ability.
- Capable to lead projects and/or project teams.