Abbott Laboratories Diabetes Care Division has an immediate opening in Alameda, California for a Senior Commercial Counsel in the legal department.
At Abbott, we’re committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world – in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals – that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94, of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Core Job Responsibilities:
The Senior Commercial Counsel will provide legal support for an exciting variety of commercial health care and digital health projects at Abbott Diabetes Care, including:
- Collaborating with global stakeholders in all areas of the business to support strategic plans for the development, launch, distribution, and marketing of innovative medical device products.
- Providing legal counsel for commercial projects, in consultation with legal subject matter specialists and outside counsel as necessary, in areas including privacy, health care fraud and abuse, advertising and promotion, product liability and regulatory.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including managed care, procurement, customer, development, clinical, and strategic alliance agreements.
- Building cross-functional relationships with personnel throughout the organization.
Candidates must possess a JD degree and have or be able to obtain appropriate licensure to practice law in California.
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience.
- Demonstrated responsibility for moderately complex commercial legal matters with minimal supervision.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, communication, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and drive projects to completion.
- Experience in a health care (especially medical device and/or digital health) or software business is preferred, but not required.
- In-house experience is preferred, but not required.