The Sr. Commercial Contracts Manager is the commercial and contractual liaison in the Americas Legal Department for the region who performs a full spectrum of common commercial transactional duty. Reporting to the Director, Commercial Contracts this position will review, draft, negotiate and manage tenders, contracts and other business documents for Smiths Detection in the Americas region, support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and processes & policies, and provide contractual support in other areas as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial and international customer tenders, RFPs, contracts, licenses, and other business agreements
- Identify, assess, manage, and provide advice on commercial risks facing the business ? Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, contractual processes and policies, and contract management ? Deliver timely, pragmatic, and business-focused advice to internal clients, even in ambiguous situations
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies ? Supporting and actively engaging in an environment of continual training, guidance and education of fellow professional staff
- Other duties as required
Required Skills and Experience
- B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited college or university.
- 7-10 years of professional contracts experience (with customer contracts as primary focus; procurement contracts experience a plus)
- International commercial experience, preferably in high-technology or defense industries
- Detailed knowledge of Commercial contracts (US and International)
- Possess clear and operational understanding of contracting clauses and concepts
- General knowledge of export control regulations
- Management or project leadership experiencepreferred
- US Citizen and ability to obtain and hold a security clearance, if required
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining high attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive data
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) Must be self-motivator, highly organized and have the ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing and redlining/proofing skills
- Sound practical and business judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Spanish Fluency a plus, but not mandatory
Supervises: Not applicable
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
- Ability to solve complex practical problems
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, and reassign priorities
- Deal with a wide variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plan
- Ability to inspire, motivate and influence diverse global teams
- Ability to lead and work in cross-functional multi-cultural teams
- Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 pounds
This position requires access to ITAR, EAR, and Department of Commerce controlled information and routine access to a cleared facility. Applicant must be a U.S. Person (citizen, green card holder or other permanent resident or protected resident).
Work Environment Details
Work environment is in an office environment located on-site, within a Smiths location during normal or extended business hours.