The Senior Commercial Account Manager is responsible for driving sales of Tableau products within a specified a set of named Commercial accounts, exceeding sales objectives. This role manages all aspects of the sales process including prospecting, lead management, qualification, product demonstrations, evaluation, close and account care. This is a quota‐carrying sales position that plays an integral role in the success of the overall sales team. As a Senior Commercial Account Manager, this role should demonstrate qualities all those of a Commercial Account Manager, but with elevated responsibilities over more complex and unique duties, including type of accounts and demonstration of in‐depth, solution selling to Named Commercial customers.
Some of the things you'll be doing include …
- Define and execute account sales plans and then meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities within the assigned geographic territory
- Develop and manage sales pipeline – prospect and assess new sales potential while simultaneously managing multiple complex sales cycles
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system
- Ability to effectively tie recommended solutions to top and bottom line business initiatives
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering
- Provide initial product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers
- Nurture and expand the company's relationship within customer accounts
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff
- Participate in team‐building and company‐growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
Who you are…
- Domain. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred. Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred
- Experienced. 7+ years sales and/or lead qualification experience (including outbound prospecting). Experience with conducting successful executive/C‐level meetings and conversations.
- Performer. Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory
- Excellent Communication. Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Amazing Salesperson. Desire to bring new customers into the Tableau franchise and maximize revenue
- Energy and Enthusiasm. Ability to work in a high energy, fast‐paced sales environment
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!