We are seeking a Senior Commerce Strategy Consultant to help Perficient deliver a strong value proposition to our clients. This position is critical in nature as it is responsible for making definitive recommendations to our customers as to how they should best establish baselines, key performance indicators and set strategies and tactics that assist them in delivering their online objectives. This position will ensure targeted clients see the added value nature of their relationship with the company and specifically with the role of the Senior Commerce Consultant as their trusted advisor.
Business-to-Business and Direct-to-Consumer eCommerce, Product Information Management (PIM), Supply Chain, Content Management, Marketplaces, On-Site Search & Mobile Commerce are just a few of the areas of expertise that the Senior Commerce Strategy Consultant will advise on.
- Provides a portfolio view/perspective across the entire Perficient capability set to clients and prospective clients.
- Understands the architecture capabilities and supported Perficient implementations of the platforms. Pull in Practice Leads to help supplement with deeper understanding of specific capabilities.
- Articulates business impact of decisions and potential directions within client roadmaps developed
- Working with the Delivery teams to identify gaps in skill sets needed to support trends or areas where we are at a competitive disadvantage.
- Engages in sales pursuits (needs to be defined/profiled) especially those where multiple technologies (related or unrelated to commerce) are in play.
- Defining and developing the approach/response to a prospect opportunity
- Coordination with Solution Architects and other cross functional SME's during the development of the approach.
- Collaborates with sales team and leads/facilitates discussion to gather appropriate info necessary to guide the prospect toward a recommended approach
- Participation during key milestone reviews of deliverables for approach/strategy/recommendations to assure alignment to client vision
- Contributes to creation of sales artifacts (SOWs, PGMs, RFPs, etc..) as part of sales pursuits
- Provides estimates for consulting hours within proposals
- Become Trusted Advisor to client through knowledge of their business and strategy and align technology to add value
- Participation/Facilitation of strategic engagements, quick starts and Wedge offerings.
- Participation/Facilitation in Discovery/Envisioning sessions and workshops to ensure the technology solution aligns to defined business goals
- May participate in a strategic oversight capacity within monthly managed services engagements. Can be built into ongoing development contracts for strategic oversight on a monthly basis.
- Provide Product Owner/Voice of customer role to delivery team. Helps ensure alignment of client objectives to the service delivery approach. Proactively monitors technical delivery to avoid misdirection or client satisfaction issues.
- Lead/facilitate/participate in client quarterly business reviews
- Works with clients in a Trusted Advisor capacity to identify value proposition of Digital Commerce Deployment, understand the organizational and operational impacts of Digital Commerce, and develops/maintains ongoing roadmap for Digital Commerce Capabilities aligned to client business objectives.
- Collaborate with Client Executives to provide direction, turning high-level strategies into executable business and technology plans/roadmaps that are delivered across multiple phases both internally and externally.
- Supports clients to help the development and on-going support required defining, building, and maintaining a successful website.
- Correlate current client business practices to platform/product/service capabilities or required features. Translate business requirements and solve business problems through technical solutions (cases, activity diagrams, and functional specifications) and non-technical solutions.
- Act as a point of contact and SME for technical delivery team during build and ongoing development phases of the client lifecycle.
- Analyzing the strategy and activities of a Digital Commerce business or channel in order to recommend initiatives that the business or channel should undertake.
- Participating in the creation of Statements of Work and/or proposals for new opportunities
- Collaborate with developers to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Ensure requirements have been properly documented to be handed off to the technical team.
Thought Leadership and Marketing Support
- Aligns with industry analysts on a regular basis to represent PRFT's POV on Commerce and associated disciplines.
- Speaks at industry events / host webinars as a recognized expert in the field of Digital Commerce.
- Partners with the Commerce General Manager and Principal to Socialize the message/strategy of the Commerce Practice to other BU's within PRFT.
- Creation of blogs, whitepapers, and other content around SME topics as part of thought leadership and support of Perficient’s marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Marketing, or related fields.
- At least 10+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, Solution Architect or Business Unit Director in an eCommerce or related environment.
- Extensive eCommerce consulting experience with demonstrated accomplishments in business strategy, financial/business modeling and analysis, online marketing and merchandising, e-commerce operations and competitive analysis.
- Genuine passion and excitement regarding eCommerce best practices, trends and online tools.
- Understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate those needs into requirements.
- Ability to separate the “most-important” from the “somewhat important” tactics based on customer specific situations.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a goal-oriented project team.
- Ability to communicate with all levels, internally and externally including C-Level executives.
- Proven capabilities to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a consulting or client-facing role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver functional and technical solutions within constraints of time and budget.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field