Our client is recognized as a significant player in clean coal technologies. Its specialty and expertise are in R&D, engineering design and fabrication of equipment and systems, large-scale clean coal technologyindustrialization and commercialization, financial and engineering consulting and services in clean energy technologies. It is headquartered in both China and the United States and owns many US and Chinese patents and intellectual properties, as well as, know-how. Its international engineering team is world-class comprised of well-known inventors and engineers in clean coal technologies with accumulative experience and expertise for over 110 years.
The company invented and owns the following most advanced clean coal technologies, as well as, the technology-specific designs of equipment and systems, and know-how: 1) Coking Process Technology, 2) City Waste and Biomass Gasification Technology, 3) Gasification Technology and 4) Gasification and Combustion Boiler Technology.
The company has completed all design and engineering work of the technologies locally in China, partnered with local engineering and manufacturing companies, and started working on projects in industries of coking, coal chemical, coal gasification, and city wastes treatment and biomass to tackle and solve the country?s severe energy efficiency and air pollution problems.
- Develop, implement, and support high performing practical designs in a multitude of applications, including gas combustion, gasification, fuel processing, and unique thermos and chemical reacting systems.
- Manage engineering projects from initial concept through engineering, manufacturing, testing, installation, commissioning, and startup.
- Provide critical assessment of concepts, models, and approaches to multidisciplinary engineering challenges.
- Perform gas combustion, thermodynamic, and fluid flow calculations as required to meet project schedule.
- Coordinate and contribute to design of experiments.
- Supervise combustor design, fabrication, and assembly.
- Review, analyze, and interpret test data and results. Develop formal, clear technical reports to provide findings and interpretation/analysis of test results to technical managers and customers.
- Commission combustion systems and field support testing and repair of apparatus as required.
- Complete engineering tasks to meet deadlines: project schedules, process flow diagrams, support analysis and calculations, and installation and operating instruction manuals.
- Ensure that all codes, safety requirements and legal requirements are observed for all work performed.
- Develop new products from concept, development, market & R.I.O research and performance evaluation.
- Select all hardware and software needed for projects, including the selection of instrumentation, and develop BOMs.
- Check and approve drawings and designs.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Engineeringrequired; MS/Ph.D. in Engineeringpreferred
- 10+ years of experience in Combustion Engineering / Design of equipment for the energy industry, coal gasification, or coking and coal chemicals
- Catalyst, Boiler/Steam Generator, Gasification, and Gas Combustor knowledge
- 5+ years of technical leadership within an engineering group preferred
- Good hands-on experience in design and commission of gas combustion systems, or coal/biomass gasification systems, or coking systems.
- EAF or BOF process experience is a plus
- Ability to perform complex engineering analysis including strength of materials, stress analysis, thermal analysis, flow analysis and mass-energy balance, heat and materials balance and thermos system modeling
- Technical drawing and documentation viewing, reading, writing, and printing skills
- Ability to use Autodesk Inventor to model 3-D geometries and generate 2D AutoCAD drawings
- Knowledge of Design Codes and Industry Standards ? NEC / NFPA / ASME / AISE / AISC / DIN
- Understanding of ISO quality control system procedures and requirements.
- Experience working in commissioning gas combustors, power generation or gasification systems, which includes identifying hazards and following safety requirements
- Familiar with PLC and system controls, and able to perform PLC coding and PLC control system troubleshooting
- Able to generate P&ID diagrams and component specifications
- Experienced with commissioning and fault finding in the field