- Provide on-site, direct technical support to the NATO SEASPARROW Project Office (NSPO) with specific focus in the Fleet Support Division (N-20).
- Provide oversight on development/maintenance of ESSM Block 2 Interface Documents (ICDs, IDDs, IDSs)
- Develop and maintain ESSM Block 2 Integration Handbook
- Provide Test Support
- Formal Qualification Tests (FQTs), Data extract data analysis, Land Based Test Site (LBTS) testing
- Provide general engineering support
- Analyze system problems and make recommendations for resolution; provide explanations of system operation, review technical documents, write technical letters, coordinate / work problems with government contractors
- Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)
- Support System & Interface Working Groups
- System upgrades; system build definition; requirements definition; integration with Consortium countries
- Support IPRs and QPRs
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Software and System Engineering support to the Fleet Support Division (N-20) for Evolved SEASPARROW Missile (ESSM) Block 2 Integration into the various Consortium nations Combat Systems.
- Subject Matter Expert on the interface messages between the various Combat Systems and Launchers to ESSM Block 1 and Block 2 missiles.
- Software and System Engineering support to N-20 for Common Missile Library (CML) Program
- Member, CML Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Member, Combat System Integration (CSI) Systems Engineering (SE) IPT
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with naval combat systems, particularly AAW systems
- Experience with development and maintenance of interface specifications between combat systems and weapons
- Experience with surface to air missiles
- Experience with requirements development, validation and verification
- Experience with combat system integration
- Ability to work with multiple customers
- Ability to travel both CONUS and OCONUS
- Current Secret (or higher) US government security clearance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 10+ years working naval combat system integration
- Knowledge of AEGIS combat system
- Knowledge of SSDS
- Knowledge of weapons RF links and protocols
- Strong written and oral communications skills