Senior Collections Specialist
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking a Senior Collections Specialist to be based in our LEED certified, state-of-the-art corporate headquarters conveniently located in Parsippany, NJ. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for managing and collecting on the firm’s accounts receivable portfolio, ensuring timely payments, and resolving of customer issues preventing payments. You are expected to develop a relationship with clients and stakeholders that enable efficient payment of outstanding accounts receivables. The Senior Collections Specialist is expected to effectively communicate with and create reports for senior leadership.
- Proactive support to internal stakeholders on accounts receivable / collections. Identify and monitor overdue accounts and clients, and partner with stakeholders to determine the appropriate approach to collecting the debt;
- Create reports and analyze data to forecast cash collections and project bad debt, as well as advise on bad debt reserve;
- Collaborate with all stakeholders in the collections process to resolve open issues and optimize collections efforts;
- Keep stakeholders informed of serious credit and collections problems and/or major problems in account status or payment trends;
- Develop relationships with select clients to ensure open, positive communication and timely payments;
- Resolve unpaid balances by understanding the reason for non-payment, and determining with the stakeholder and client the appropriate repayment plan;
- Develop knowledge on the client by understanding the history of the client, the payment terms in the contract, and the project financials;
- Develop and communicate a consistent credit review process;
- Proactively identify and resolve customer credits and refunds;
- Execute property liens, as necessary;
- Develop and participate in training to increase knowledge of processing, accounting software, applications, and procedures; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field; equivalent experience considered.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a collection role, preferably in the A/E industry or a professional services firm.
- Sales or Account Management experience is highly desirable.
- Creative problem solver with great customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to speak effectively to senior management.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Sound judgment capability and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!