- Serve as a technical leader for the planning and design of coastal infrastructure and resiliency tasks.
- Prepare plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates.
- Prepare standard contract documents, such as technical specifications, engineering reports, regulatory applications and other technical documents.
- Solve engineering problems and challenges in a multi-office, distributed work environment.
- Plan and conduct field work including site inspections, surveys and construction observations.
- Develop technical scopes and fees for engineering tasks to satisfy regulatory requirements.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in coastal/waterfront engineering.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Coastal or Ocean Engineering.
- Professional Engineer License (PE) in the state of Florida or the ability to be registered within 6 months of hire date.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and design of coastal infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience with coastal flooding hazard assessments and tools.
- Design experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Proven experience with public and private client management and previous project management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of coastal numerical modeling software preferred, especially in relation to coastal modeling and resiliency such as storm surge, oceanographic, and/or tidal hydraulics modeling, wave generation and propagation modeling, and/or coastal sediment transport and morphology models