There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake’s Support team is expanding! We are looking for support engineers who like working with data and solving a wide variety of issues utilizing their technical experience having worked on a variety of operating systems, database technologies, big data, data integration, connectors, and networking.
As a Senior Cloud Support Engineer your role is to delight our customers with your passion and knowledge of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform. Customers will look to you for technical guidance and for advice in addressing their product usage and issue needs. You will be the voice of the customer into Snowflake’s product and engineering teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge within the team and be part of strategic initiatives for organizational and process improvements. Ideally, you have worked in a 24x7 environment, handled all tiers of support issues, been on-call during weekends, and familiar with Salesforce Service cloud.
An experienced Senior Cloud Support Engineer has arguably one of the most impressive confluence of holistic skills in all professions, all of which directly translate directly to other career choices either within or outside Support, including:
- Strong Customer Advocacy skills
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Strong troubleshooting skills to logically go about solving problems
- Subject Matter Expertise in one or more technical area(s)
- Strong teaming skills in a highly collaborative environment and the ability to function in global arenas
- Provide email, web, and phone support to Snowflake customers and partners
- Utilize Snowflake environment, connectors, 3rd party partner software, and tools to investigate issues
- Document known solutions to internal and external knowledge base
- Submit well-documented bugs and feature requests arising from customer submitted requests
- Participate in weekend on-call support rotation
- Work on technical and non-technical projects
OUR IDEAL SENIOR CLOUD SUPPORT ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- B.S. or M.S degree in CS, MIS or equivalent discipline
- 6-10 years experience in a Technical Support or similar function
- Experience writing, troubleshooting, and debugging advanced SQL queries
- Ability to understand basic query profiles and execution plans
- Knowledge of SQL data types and functions
- Good understanding of Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure ecosystems
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot on a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, *Nix)
- Good understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have sufficient knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SFTP, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Scripting/coding experience In any of the following: Python, Java, .Net, NodeJS, R
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an attention to detail
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience in a designated customer-focused support role for a limited number of customers
- Experience providing a personalized support experience with deeper knowledge of customer environment
- Experience working with big data and/or MPP (massively parallel processing) databases.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Experience supporting applications running on either Amazon AWS or MS Azure
- Experience with virtualization solutions (vmware, docker, virtualbox, etc)
- Understanding of cloud computing security concepts