Opportunity at a Glance
As the Senior Cloud Solution Architect, you develop and maintain infrastructure technology roadmaps, architect resilient global solutions, investigate technologies, evangelize architecture principles and policy for the governance, protection and resiliency of Adtalem's enterprise information assets and associated technology. Your role supports a solution landscape that leverages cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions exclusively to deliver outcomes for Adtalem's students, institutions and colleagues worldwide. You present insights and educate the IT function and business at all levels, including executive leadership.
Additionally, you drive creative, globally scalable and innovative solutions with partners, skilled architects and engineers, challenging the status quo. You are heavily involved in the selection, deployment and support of new services and capabilities necessary to helpour students achieve their educational and career goals. You report directly to the Infrastructure & Operations Vice President of Adtalem Global Education.
NOTE: This position could be located in Adtalem's Headquarters, located in downtown Chicago, or in the Home Office, located in Downers Grove - dependent upon candidate circumstances.
- Collaborate with delivery and development teams, offshore resources, business leaders and customer advocates to leverage cloud services such as Azure, AWS, Salesforce, and others.
- Author principles, create reference architectures and produce guiding materials that blend industry-specific requirements with "state of the art" cloud services and tools. Consistently monitor, updates and communicate changes to the technical landscape as appropriate.
- Partner with engineering and support teams to convey technology roadmaps. Assist with overcoming design challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify solutions.
- Accountable for ensuring successful delivery outcomes, working directly with internal clients to drive delivery, and sales results.
- Lead solution planning and design efforts across teams and work streams to deliver value for the business.
- Maximize involvement of architecture in solution planning and ensures success in business outcomes.
- Conduct application assessments and analysis for new application and cloud migrations, identify application requirements for cloud services as well as potential refactoring that may be required for cloud functionality.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field required; advanced degree strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related) or MBA.
- Broad understanding of Microsoft Azure IaaS offerings (virtual machines, networking, integrations). Additional knowledge of AWS services preferred.
- Experience with, Azure Resource Manager, Azure Templates, Azure Active Directory, Azure networking, Azure DSC, Group Policy, Exchange Server, Azure operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
- Experience leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise solution deployments.
- Experience with infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. Azure DSC, Powershell, Python, Ansible, CloudFormation).
- Exposure and understanding of Server-less design patterns, Microservices and Containerization (ECS, Docker or Kubernetes)
- Strong practical Windows-based and Linux systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Presentation skills to represent Architecture well within the Adtalem environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 15 or more years of IT implementation experience.
- Significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current handson technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc...).
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects.
- Ability to guide and direct leadership teams in development, production, and promotion of solution offerings.