Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
As a Senior Cloud Software Engineer, you are a talented software engineer with proven experience designing and building high quality cloud services using .NET core. You are passionate about creating easy-to-use Web APIs and are intimate with REST and RESTful web services. You work in conjunction with fellow developers and operations members to come to the best possible solution. You take ownership of your work from concept to publication and on through maintenance. You are passionate about development, and improving stability with high-quality code.
At Allegion, software is designed with a platform first mindset and we are passionate about creating APIs, SDKs, and platforms that are easy-to-use, reliable and robust. A world leader in creating and sustaining comfortable and efficient environments, Allegion delivers the broadest product portfolio to empower customers to have safe and secure environments
What you will do:
- Possess solid understanding of software design patterns and best practices
- Enjoy designing and building secure, scalable web services that reliably support both mobile and web
- Drive your passion for software development with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Charter unknown challenges with curiosity, perseverance and design solutions to address them.
- Champion quality, testing, and reliability with skills to debug system level issues.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining a customer facing, cloud-based, production software system using Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience in Azure DevOps/TFS/VSTS; managing build pipelines, deployments, environment monitoring
- Experience with Azure bluprints or terraform
- IoT experience
- Experience and/or working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience with both back-end and front-end development (full stack engineering)
- Bachelor's degree (EE or CS preferred)
- Fluency writing code using Node.js, Swift, Java, or Kotlin.
- Have worked with firmware and systems engineering teams
- Required skills:
- 7+ years of experience developing in C#/.NET.
- Expert in creating applications with .NET Core and familiarity with .NET Framework
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST APIs and RESTful services
- Familiarity with code management/repositories (GIT, Azure DevOps, etc)
- Experience deploying products leveraging Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines
- Excellent communication and written skills
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You are seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, “this is your business, run with it”.
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do too!
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You’ll Get from Us:
- Immediate health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you “be safe, be healthy”
- Wellness incentives, such as up to $1000 HSA contributions depending upon participation.
- A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, offering a 6% company match and no vesting period
- Generous vacation and sick time, accrued through the year.
- Convenient Vanpools and discounted Orca Card memberships.
- Free on-site fitness center.
- Tuition Reimbursement opportunities
- Employee Discounts through Perks at Work