McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career. Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
This position will be responsible for delivering world-class security systems and tools management related to the Database Activity Monitoring security space. The role will provide guidance to database and security teams to optimize the security value of the solution. They will also work with other engineers and business units to help spec, build, administer/configure, and maintain critical preventive and detective security infrastructure related to McKesson’s database security infrastructure.
McKesson has embarked on an important mission to become the leader in cybersecurity for global healthcare. We are making significant investments to enhance our capabilities through talent development, resource levels, process maturity, and technology enablement.
As McKesson Cloud Security DevOps Engineer you will be a key component of our team. The candidate will have a deep background in all aspects of security programming and engineering in the cloud including virtual resources, application, cloud, and mobile. He or she will work collaboratively with other cloud security engineers and security architects. The position works with stakeholders in Cloud Adoption, Infrastructure, Operations, Applications, and Data Management areas to ensure alignment and continues delivery of automated security control’s blueprints and templates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engineer cloud security solutions to support comprehensive vision and strategy for network and cloud security architecture to accomplish department objectives of protecting McKesson systems and data while facilitating new and existing business models highly dependent on technology
- Analysis, requirements development, design, and governance of the security processes and tools ecosystem and drives consideration of cybersecurity tools and datasets to enhance detective and preventive control sets
- Maintain a superior knowledge of the native cyber security capabilities available in the cloud and provide solutioning for advanced detective, preventative and respond capabilities
- Create unique, custom software solutions to achieve security goals when COTS/OSS solutions are not available or viable
- Integrate various cybersecurity tools and datasets to enhance detective and preventive control sets
- Security solutions for cloud (X-as-a-Service) systems where security principals are codified and integrated directly into application designs and blueprints/formations
- Systems analysis and software development efforts that align with DevOps and agile-related approaches
- Data exchanges with internal and external security intelligence platforms
- Participate in Scaled Agile planning and activities deploying enterprise cloud program within McKesson, identify customer needs, converting those into functional requirements and creating program roadmap, driving objectives and policies
8+ years’ experience in software engineering and/or software architecture
- Experience building and deploying applications and data for platforms such as Azure, Kubernetes, GCP, Cloud Foundry or AWS.
- Proven experience working in engineering or architecture capacity creating infrastructure and security-as-a-code solutions for network security and cloud security technologies and capabilities (Eg. Firewalls, IDPS, Proxies, VPNs, DLP, SIEM, Mobile Security, Endpoint security, Azure Resource Manager, Azure Security Policies, Azure Cloud Security)
- Experience with configuration management software such as chef, puppet or terraform
- Experience with container-based technologies is a big advantage – Docker, Mesos.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to build/ maintain ongoing business relationships
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience working in a global software engineering function is a distinct plus
- Knowledge of core security principles is a plus
- CI/CD and Automated Testing experience would be great
- Solid scripting capability, PowerShell, Python are a plus
- Demonstrate a growth mindset – willingness to learn through collaboration
- Ability to establish goals, objectives, and work plans
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands